Honda Ht-r 3009 Lawn Tractor

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by JOHN VAL, May 30, 2008.

1. JOHN VAL

JOHN VAL LawnSite Member

I'm Attempting To Fix Up A Honda Lawn Tractor For My Son-in-law..

Don't Have A Manual At This Time.....trying To Obtain One.. I ONLY HAVE A MODEL NUMBER HT-R 3009.....STILL CAN'T FIND A SERIAL NUMBER ???

I Removed The 30 Inch Deck To Clean It Up And Check Things Out....
    I Did Notice When I Tried Starting It Nothing Would Happen...if I TAKE It Out Of Neutral I Get The Safety Beep......prior To Removing The Deck The Engine Did Turn Over.............just Wondering If I Opened A Safety Switch .not Allow Starter To Crank...........don't Know Of Any Other Reasons......until I Obtain A Manual......thank You

John Val

2. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

Yes. You caused an open circuit when you removed the deck.

3. drboogie001

drboogie001 LawnSite Member
    from ontario

I am looking for a rear grass attachment for this lawnmower. it attaches to the rear of the mower. My engine runs great but when i start it up first time it smokes for about 3 minutes or so what could it be?

4. mfeamster

mfeamster LawnSite Member

The engine is an overhead cam and leaks down a little oil when it sits. Mine does the same thing and has for the 10 years I've had it. The previous owner is a friend that bought it new and advises it always did but never seems to use any oil even now. I have the rear bagger setup for it in a storage building and never use it. If you happen to pick this up and are interested shoot an email to goldenridge@bellsouth.net.

5. drboogie001

drboogie001 LawnSite Member
    from ontario

hi there thanks for the reply but i sold that lawnmower and bought another one in better shape then the first and this one does not smoke at all when you start it and this guy bought it new also. you say you have a rear bag setup for this lawnmower? you have a bell south email so i take it you are in the south like maybe houston or in the vecinity. i am not sure how i would be able to get that up here to canada. I plan on driving to houston sometimes next year so maybe i can check back with you on that.ok thanks again for the reply. AL

6. mfeamster

mfeamster LawnSite Member

Nashville, TN. I just happened to be surfing for a starter for mine and saw your post. I use it for trimming a Laaarge yard on my farm so bagging just isn't required. All that setup is just gathering dust.

7. Jake Fox

Jake Fox LawnSite Member

Do you still have your grass catcher? If so, how much do you want for it?

8. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Where you located ?