Honda HT-R3009 Mower

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by negril, Mar 17, 2008.

1. negril

negril LawnSite Member

I've started a lawn care business and picked up a Honda HT-R3009 rider in great shape considering its age as a backup. Does anybody know how I can determine if this is a K-1 model? I have to replace the blade and evidently there is a difference. I've looked over the machine from front to back and the only number I can come up with is the serial number stamped in the frame on the left side. Thanx for your help. Jerry
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Post that frame number you found, Also look on the end or side of the engine block and post any/all numbers/letters found there as well.

3. negril

negril LawnSite Member

Hi Restrorob, thanx for the quick reply. The frame serial number is 100903A009191. I didn't get a chance to look for the engine number but will post it tomorrow or as early as possible. Jerry
  4. Bill Kapaun

Bill Kapaun LawnSite Senior Member

the K1 should have a frame serial# starting 51xxxxx, while the earlier model starts with 50xxxxx.
  5. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

The question is not which blade, but why are you even using this machine professionally?

The machine (an RER if I remember) is designed to cut a HOMEOWNER'S small lot. This thing is not even a tractor.

Get yourself a used commercial 36" or 48" wide cut mower from a homeowner somewhere. You won't be making as many repairs.
  6. negril

negril LawnSite Member

Thanx guys, I placed the wrong serial number earlier. Its a 50 number which makes it the earlier model. Thanx for all of your help.