Honda Hydrostatic question please help!?!?!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Chris Derrick, May 14, 2008.

1. Chris Derrick

Chris Derrick LawnSite Member

I worked on a neighbor's Honda hydrostatic Harmony HRB 216 lawnmower. He came to me saying it would not pull backwards the wheels locked up. he also wanted a tune up. I took carb apart cleaned all parts reinstalled. I also changed airfilter and spark plug. I changed the engine oil and noticed the blade was getting ready to fly apart so I purchased a new honda blade for it also. When I went to take the blade off I got in a hurry and took center bolt off and the clutch came off with blade. I noted how it came off (order of parts) and reinstalled them that way with the new blades. I took each wheel off and removed the lock rings and took the what I call sprags out and cleaned them and the tiny spring's and the key and reinstalled with lube. Now the lawnmower will not move when you apply the handle?:dizzy::confused: The belt is still on and was never removed. The wheels are also still locked and will not turn backwards but will turn forward freely and click like they should I think compared to the honda I own? What Have I done and what needs to be done to fix it? I need to get this mower back to him but the mower will not move when you push the bar forward and the wheels will not turn backwards. Please help thanks! Please post or email me at cjderrick@coxl.net Chris Derrick thanks in advance!;)