1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

honda making a big mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by soonernation, Jan 9, 2005.

1. soonernation

soonernation LawnSite Member
    from Okc OK

Does anyone know why Honda dosn't make a w/b or ztr? I have used the commercial 21" for a while and they make a very good product. Just curious why they don't don't make anything bigger.
  2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Last I heard from Honda is that they have a ZTR in the works. No word yet, but will let everyone know when I hear anything!

They are also working on a backpak blower!
  3. craglawnmanor

craglawnmanor LawnSite Member

They used to make a couple different sizes of commercial walk behind mowers (36" and 48" decks, maybe a 52" also). You see one for sale on Ebay from time to time. I don't know alot about them, but I have seen them in use around Nashville, from time to time.
    They were grey, with a red cover for the engine.
  4. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

They did make a WB in gear and hydro models. But used the plant to make small engine cause it was bringin in more money!
  5. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

Honda was making a ZTR, it became the Everride. The pressure from the other ZTR manufacturer's made them pull out and give Auburn Industries the rights to what is now called the Everride. Many ZTR maker's are putting Honda engine's on their ZTR's and they threatened to stop if Honda went into the ZTR business?

I'm pretty sure one day they'll try it again, but they worked awfully hard to get their engines on those ZTR's!
  6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

They needed to get out of the comm'l mower business. I bought a new 36" gear honda w/b in 2000. Cut good, but parts and handling sucked. Really sucked. They decided to stick to what they are good at...motors, not mowers.