1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Honda mini tiller

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Lance Takara, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Lance Takara

Lance Takara LawnSite Member

I've read many posts about the greatness of the mantis tiller. Anyone out there familiar with the Honda mini tillers, the FG100 and the FG200? How about any of the attachements? Seems like a good product but what seems and what is are often miles apart. Just wanted to see if anybody had some input.
  2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

im not to familier with tillers, and definitly not hondas, however the honda engine company is awesome and everlasting.
  3. Lockman

Lockman LawnSite Member

Lance i've had one for home use for three years now. an fg100 .Ihave three tillers and i'ts the only one I use. Real well built. It's main use is tilling a 50 by 75 garden. I think it's a step up from the mantis in tilling power. Imust say though I did burn out the tranny this fall tilling through clay and rocks. Just pulled it apart yesterday at work just needs a gear and bushings. Clearly my fault though . I brought it to work this fall and the guys fell in love with it. No more lugging the troybilt around campus . Number 1 on the list of wants now at work. Paid 325.00 for mine never see them cheaper.
  4. Lance Takara

Lance Takara LawnSite Member

Well, we'll give it a try. Basically FG100 is the same price as the mantis here and seems to offer a better engine. We'll post a follow up either way. Thanks for the info guys.

Have had one for two years now , Highley recomend the honda , will make money for you.Great in tight areas.