Honda Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vball2116, Jun 11, 2005.

1. vball2116

vball2116 LawnSite Member

Hey everyone I currently cut 3-4 lawns right now and am looking for a new mower. I am looking for a mower in the price range of $500-600 dollars and trying to keep within that budget. These are the mowers I am looking into:

Honda Harmony II with the Caster wheels, zero turn. HRZ216TDA
    Honda HRX with the 3 speed self-propelled model. HRX217TDA

I have already used a Harmony II that one with the caster wheels and i really like the mobility of it but will it hold up for 3-4 lawns per week. Also how does the Honda HRX, with turning and its engine power. Also, how is that clip director and the Xenoy deck? I will also take any ideas that you may have.

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

GET THE HRX!!! The clipdirector is the greatest thing since sliced bread! I love mine. The twin blades produce clippings so fine, if the grass is a little wet you won't even see clippings stuck to your shoes. Great mower!

3. vball2116

vball2116 LawnSite Member

Hey thanks for the comment I think that your really for the HRX so I will keep it in mind since it was one of my choices and should i get the one with the BBC or the non BBC

Jeff

4. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

bbc definately. so nice to let go of the mower and not have to start it a gain.

5. HK45Mark23

HK45Mark23 LawnSite Member

I second not having to restart the mower every time you let go.

6. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I would say spend the extra money and get the masters. The hrx and harmony II are what I consider not true hondas because the masters and commercial have gxv series over the gcv which are throw away engines.

7. slicksilverado01

slicksilverado01 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

They are BETTER HONDAS :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

the masters are $hity :angry: :angry: :angry:

The HRX is da-bomb. the green lever is cool.

plus lawnboy sucks...haha

8. S man

That's real nice. Well explain why a 1982 honda commercial(same as masters) can be running still to today? It's because the engine is a gxv which are REAL honda engines. The gcv is not good for commercial use because they have a cheap alluminum bore and by many are throw away engines.

9. slicksilverado01

slicksilverado01 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

pretty much everything "now a day" is built cheaper then "Back in the day". the gcv has done good for me. a good friend with an LCO owns 6 HRX mowers bought them 3 years ago and puts about 20-25 hours a week on them and they are still running strong. I guess you dont use your "commerical" honda mower very much My last honda mower was a honda commerical I bought it 4 years ago and it lasted 4 years and started having probs so I traded it in. I find that the HRX has a better cut quality over the NEW commerical honda. plus the mulch/bag green lever on the HRX kicksass. plus I never will again spend 1k on a push mower.

10. S man

I get your point. The hrx might cut better but the masters or commercial will have better durability. But is the hrx deck any good being so light weight?