Honda Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kingram10, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Kingram10

Kingram10 LawnSite Member
    from Arizona

I'm looking for a mower for my small lawns and have been looking at the Honda Mowers. Anyone have any experience with them??
  2. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

The Honda 21-inch commercial mower is very good mower. The best bagging 21 there is.Honda redesigned the mower in 2005, and the results were a much better muncher, than was the previous Honda models it replaced.

Honda hydro 21, and Toro proline\Exmark metro 21, IMO are two best 21-inch mowers on the market.
  3. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Yes I agree, the Hondas to me are the best commercial mowers on the market. I'll never use anything else.
  4. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

yep i use hondas and they are a very durable unit and as bill said they bag well .i cant believe how well they cut and bag in the wet
  5. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Hondas are very good mowers, I have an old one thats like 10 years old that still runs but its only used for our lawn now.:cool2: :weightlifter:
  6. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

i have a honda commercial hydro. the thing cut great, and is built like a tank. very heavy duty. i am very pleased with it, and would reccomend it. i paid $1099 for mine, but i think it was well worth it.
  7. ACEMowing

ACEMowing LawnSite Member

Stick with the HRC commercial version... the HRX has great features but it has the cheap engine. We've had trouble with air filters plugging up after 1 lawn, real sensitive carbs, and constant govenernor adjustments (the rpms would slip down) with the HRX series. The HRC seems bulletproof... we never have any problems with it.
  8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

no problems with mine, even though all mine are the homeowner models.
  9. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

my 215 hydro has been on the job since 91. no major repairs yet . replaced bbc-drive shaft- crank seals -wheels . not shure if the newest homeowner versions are still this good so i would look at the comm model.
  10. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Givem me a Toro any day