Honda Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Master of the Lawn, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Master of the Lawn

Master of the Lawn Guest

I was at the Home Depot today just looking at the honda 21" walk behind mowers.They seem to be built pretty good. My old Toro 21" is getting old and i could use a good back up mower. I was just wondering if any of you guys have had any experiances with these mowers? If i could get 2-3 years out of it i would be all right.:)

2. myoder

myoder LawnSite Member

Love em'. I have a 48" wb and a 21" and they both work and run great

3. Josey Wales

Josey Wales LawnSite Member

This is my Honda. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My Honda is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My Honda, without me, is useless. Without my Honda, I am useless. I must push my Honda true. I must mow straighter than my enemy who is trying to out mow me. I must out mow him before he out mows me. I WILL...
    My Honda and myself know that what counts in this war is not the yards we mow, the noise of our engines, nor the stripes we make. We know that it is the quality of cut that counts. WE WILL CUT...
    My Honda is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its carbs and its blades. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my Honda clean and ready. We will become part of each other.
    WE WILL...
    Before God, I swear this creed. My Honda and myself are the defenders of my career. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE
    SAVIORS OF MY LIFE.
    So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!

Semper Fi Brother.

:)

4. Master of the Lawn

Master of the Lawn Guest

Gee, Josey Wales it sure does seem like you like your honda's Do you buy them from HD or dealer and how long do they last?

5. Rook00

Rook00 LawnSite Member

I've heard that honda's are some of the best engines (if not the best) out there. They're generally more expensive, though, if I've heard correctly.

6. Josey Wales

Josey Wales LawnSite Member

Sorry about the big Honda statement there but yeah I do love my Honda :)

Can't tell you how long they last because mine hasn't "died" yet. :)

I did have a problem with it though....I had to change the air filter and the oil periodically. Blade sharpening/replacement doesn't count :)

I'm sure others have had different experiences so give the thread a chance to mature as others Honda owners are sure to chime in. :D

MY opinion is that well.....in my best Dick Vitale voice..."Honda's rock BABY!"

Sorry Edit: I bought mine from a local dealer.

7. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Home Depot doesnt sell the Honda Commercial mowers. At least at most of their stores they dont. Beware of the home owner versions of any brand.

8. EMackIV

EMackIV LawnSite Member

When my dad bought his first mower on his own it was a Honda. His neighbor made a bet with him about not changing the oil and how long it would last. 16 years without an oil change (or so he says) all I know is that it is one very old mower and I do occasionally use it (and it starts on the first pull).

9. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

there the rolls royce in small engines on the 21 inch i cut my own gear drive pins as they get sloppy after a year and use bmx bike tyre glued and rivited for traction oler ones first came out with rubber rears now nylon plastic
    alwys starts, blades cheap easy but mowers heavy to lift, saves. have have 5 of them now

10. Camelot Gardens Uk

Camelot Gardens Uk LawnSite Member

And the great thing is you can use them at any age....

My young assistant.

honda 536qxe.jpg