Honda or kawasaki

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Downunder Bob, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Downunder Bob

Downunder Bob LawnSite Member

Finally narrowed it down to a 52 mini-z. Still not sure witch way to go with the motor,23 Kawasaki or 24 Honda. I was told the Kawasaki has more torque. Would I notice the difference between the two?. Build quality, I have owned Honda's before and still do, couldn't fault em. Price difference is $150au more for the red one. Thats not a concern if it was for a better engine. So if any you blokes could share your thoughts / experiences, it would be much appreciated.
  2. lickedysplits

lickedysplits LawnSite Member

hey bob,
    i just picked up my mini z 24/52 last week. so i can't tell you one way or another, since i just got it. the only thing i can say is i've had alot of stuff with honda motors and theyv'e never let me down. i'd go with the honda. good luck to ya which ever one you decide to go with.
    lickedy splits
  3. supermini z

supermini z LawnSite Member

I have the supermini 24/52. I can say the honda go's through a lot and never let's me down. I have heard some problems with the kaw there has been air intake problems and some other things as well. But the only kaw I've owned is the single cyclinder 12.5hp I did not like that at all it would slow down under thick grass and It was on an exmark 36inch walk behind which does'nt need that much power to run. My vote is the honda. Also I see that you are going with the mini z have you looked at the supermini it is the same thing but with better hydrolic system with a raditor and cooling fan and it is faster. I think it is only a few hundred more than the mini look into it.