Honda power on new eXmark mowers?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Auroris, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Auroris

Auroris LawnSite Member

Just heard this last week from a local dealer that some of the eXmark mowers they are getting several weeks from now will have Honda powerplants.
    My, oh my! How true is this?

Part of me hopes this is not true at all, since it would have to also mean a price increase; as the honda engines are more expensive for eXamark to buy than Kawasaki or Kohler.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Auroris,

You are correct on both items. The Metro 21 will now have a 5.5 hp Honda and yes it will be more expensive. About $110 more to be exact.

Thanks

Terry

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

As long as the honda motors are the small hondas on the small mowers then thats cool. The 5.5hp hondas are awesome motors. But the larger honda motors suck. I had one, never will have another.

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

65 Hoss,
    I agree. Exmark is going the wrong way here. Will never buy any machine with a big Honda. In fact, I have found the 5.5 honda to be worthless in heavy mowing conditions. I just grabbed up the last 3 Kawasaki-powered Metro 21's that my dealer had. I guess they will have to last forever, or until Exmark quits using Honda engines.

5. Auroris

Auroris LawnSite Member

Terry, thank you for your reply. That's not going to be bad at all. I'd still buy a 21" as a trim mower with a Honda on it. Part of me was scared that the new mid-size walks were going Honda... I should trust you more. :)

Best wishes,

Cole