1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Honda Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by columbiaplower, Apr 23, 2000.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

does anyone have one? what do you think of them? I like the 4 stroke (light for a 4 stroke)<p>thanks-Nick
  2. lawnforce1

lawnforce1 LawnSite Member

Yeah, we've got one of the new four strokes. It is the best dang ol trimmer we've ever seen or used. Very light, very economical and very, very effective. We are running .95 line in it and it will plumb knock down anything.<br>I would highly suggest to anyone wanting to get another trimmer to invest the $350 in this one!
  3. grasscapeinc

grasscapeinc LawnSite Member

seemed heavy to me
  4. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

It seemed heavier to me too. Too many moving<br>parts for my liking.<p>Karl<br>
  5. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

14# is not an acceptable weight for a trimmer unless you are using a strap. Get a T-230 Shindaiwa 1.1HP and 9.5#, best horsepower to weight ratio in the industry. MHO, Lynn
  6. CLM1

CLM1 LawnSite Member

I bought one about a month and half ago and LOVE it!
  7. lawnforce1

lawnforce1 LawnSite Member

Fourteen pounds? I just weighed mine full of oil and fuel and it weighed in at 10.3 lbs. We use ours without the strap and have no fatigue or trouble whuppin them around all day. Put it this way, it's far more comfortable and ergonomical than either the stihl, echo or husky that we demoed. But, to each their own.
  8. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

i bought it. it is 10.6 pounds. i like it, it is a bit heavy but i still like it more than any other ive run.
  9. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

Demoed it, seemed heavy. Mechanic at Honda said it wasn't acutally a Honda engineered product. We've got Shindaiwa T-230's. If the government legislates against 2 cycle engines, we'll all be looking for 4 cycles soon enough.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>www.cutntrim.com