Honda Trimmers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fastcutter, Oct 16, 2005.

1. fastcutter

fastcutter LawnSite Member
    from west tn

Good?
    Bad?

I'm looking at the 4 stroke one...

2. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

sorry I don't know. But if you don't mind off topic, how do the 72" grasshoppers do? the 52 and 61" are a dime a dozen around here (probably 8 out of 10 lcos) but no one has the 72" so I was wondering if they are just as good. Also have you ever used the front mount models?

Thanks, and again sorry I can't help you with your original ?

3. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

Honda trimmers are smooth, quiet and powerful. But they are heavy at 14 lbs.

4. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

And the Honda edger is a beast!

5. fastcutter

from west tn

There just as good..

6. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

My experience with my two units is that they are quiet, run very smoothly (as prevoiusly mentioned) but they are a bit long and heavy for my liking, they are also worthless in taller grass. They plug and bind almost instantly but if you are just using it to trim they are fine.

7. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

had my 431 model (32cc) 4 years, does trimming to brush cutting, I'll buy another if this one ever dies, problem free, powerful, cheap to run....I love honda stuff!

Only thing they used to have a slight prob with was poor quality trimmer heads, they have recenly bought out a new one, I fitted it Friday so can't rate it yet, but very solid.

As mentioned before, they are heavier than many, but you get used to it.

Top notch trimmers, highly recommended!

If my mowers were as problem free as this trimmer I'd be very happy!

8. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

when i first got my honda i thought it was the bees knees but the trimmer head went inthirty days bought another same thing happend so i got a steel head for it no probs now nice and quiet never any mech probs 32 cc i think its light actually then again usually i use the komatsu:cool2:

9. yardmonkey

yardmonkey LawnSite Senior Member

I love my Honda trimmers. I have 2 of the HHT25S, which is the lighter of the 2 models. I tried a UMK series trimmer a few years ago and did not like it, but they made many improvements when they brought out the HHT series a few years ago. Problem-free, quiet, clean, powerful, super-duper machines.

10. fastcutter

from west tn

is this hht25s what they r selling now? The one I was looking at was the lighter one..