honda trimmers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by parboy, Nov 11, 2003.

1. parboy

parboy LawnSite Member

Happened into the local honda dealer to look at a generator and got to looking at the trimmers. They are all 4 stroke and semm to be pretty rugged. Anyone have any ? Any feedback? I think it would be cool not to have to mix fuel all the time.
  2. chief5139

chief5139 LawnSite Member

the are to heavy to use for more than 5 min. they are over priced i wouldn't even look at one your eyes might fall out. try the echo srm-260
  3. yardmonkey

yardmonkey LawnSite Senior Member

We talked about this yesterday (thread titled "Honda whippers").
    In my opinion the new Honda trimmers are the best trimmers you can buy. The new ones are model numbers HHT25 and HHT31. The older Honda 4-cycle trimmers are the UMK series, which were in fact quite heavy and also underpowered. Many dealers are still selling these. The HHTs just came out this year and have many improvements over the older ones. (ALWAYS indicate model numbers in any posts dealing with equipment). I have been using the HHT25 for several months with no problems. You have to make sure to keep the oil level up, but I have never found it to be a drop short. This is in contrast to the Robin 4-cycles I had been using which would lose oil rapidly (apparently by design - misting into the air filter), causing me to ruin a couple of them. I paid $299.00 for the HHT25. I think it lists for $330 or so. It is unconscionable to use anything but a 4-cycle (due to extra pollution from 2-cycles) and now there is no excuse, since the best trimmers you can buy are 4-cycles. Soon all trimmers will be 4-cycles. They are also very quiet.
  4. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

I'm with yardmonkey. I have one and I love it! I'd highly recommend it.
  5. parboy

parboy LawnSite Member

cool thanx for the help I think I'll check one out