honda twin blade question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by odin, Oct 27, 2001.

1. Does anyone use a twin blade mulch blade on a honda hrc216 commercial 21 inch hydro model?I was wondering how it performs

2. UrbanEarth

UrbanEarth LawnSite Member

I don't think that it can be done because of the bracket that holds the blade in place. Getting rid of that may open up a very large can of worms liability wise.

Alan

3. casey

casey Guest

Don't Honda's have a factory double blade setup on their 21's for mulching? Not crossed but stacked?

4. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

I also thought that honda came with a stacked double blade setup as part of their mulching system.

5. Thats what i meant hondas stacked twin blade setup for the 21inch mowers

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I used that setup on the homeowner model with the Xenoy deck. Can't remember the name. I hated the mower comfort wise but it bagged well with 2 blades. Doesn't mulch as good with 2 blades as my Toro with 1 blade, go figure.

7. Double D

Double D LawnSite Member

I will echo Scag48 comments, the Toro mulches better than the Quadracut (sp?) system that the Honda uses. I replaced the stacked blade with the bagging blade and the mower performs much better for me anyway.

8. the honda 21 comes with the double blade standard from the factory.It mulches very good.Though the toro does mulch a little bet better for me.But the honda does have a great cut.Just keep the blades sharp

9. UrbanEarth

UrbanEarth LawnSite Member

I must be missing something here. I bought a Honda this past summer (216) and it only had a single blade, and no mention was made of a dual blade system. Is this an American thing or what?

Alan

10. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 216 I got last year it has two blades but i cant see as to where it cuts any better than the single blades.