Honda WB 48" Mower Price ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2good2Btrue, Feb 23, 2002.

1. 2good2Btrue

2good2Btrue LawnSite Member

A guy I know is selling a 2000 Honda HRC7113 48" WB mower for $2000 w/ the catcher bag. It only has 100 hours use. Is this a good deal ? He said he paid $3700 new. I am thinking about doing some mowing for hire. What do you guys charge per hour?Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks Greg
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I'd stay away from it. I bought one new in 2000 (36") and sold it within about 3 months. Friend of mine bought it, since then he has had some really bad luck with it. Honda's large mower division sucks. Getting parts sucks. Getting factory help sucks, and then to top it off, what I heard is the mowers 36" and larger are not being made anymore.
  3. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

2good, I'm the friend of Hoss's that bought the mower. The cut is good, but support and finding parts is a pain. Remember it's a Honda so your paying for the name when it comes to parts. Go find a Used Exmark. 36" Exmark Belt Drive New right now is 2000k and that is with a 2 year warr. That Honda is out of warranty for sure. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THE HONDA.

4. Honda has decided to not produce commercial walk behind mowers any more.

They will still make push mowers and home owner mowers.
  5. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, so no more commercial Honda 21's either?

6. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Sheezzz, That SUCKS!!! :laugh:

As for hourly production rates, many seem to shoot for $1/minute.
  7. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

No hank. They're not producing the Commercial Deck Mowers (36-48-52-60-72) -LOL!!! The trim mower market seems to be unaffected.
  8. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Alright, that's cool, I have thought of purchasing one one of these days, either that or Toro.