honda

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bakerc8, Jun 8, 2008.

1. bakerc8

bakerc8 LawnSite Member

are honda push mowers any good ????????? and are scags realy as good as people say they are???????????

2. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had a honda push mower going on my fifth season. All I have ever done with it is mulch. I did have to replace the "drive" cable a few weeks back ($22). I don't know how many hrs. it has on it but I use it everytime I go out to mow yards. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. As far as Scag goes the answer to your question is YES Scags are as good as people say they are. I don't see anything else on my trailer in the near future thats for sure. They hit a homerun with the velocity deck. :weightlifter:

3. TimTim2008

TimTim2008 LawnSite Bronze Member

i had a sears crapsman honda that lasted me 3 seasons.. i LOVE honda

4. bakerc8

bakerc8 LawnSite Member

ok awsome what about weed wakers? what should i get and what about and eger could i get an atacment?

5. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

Echo makes a great Pro Attachment Series. Get a PAS-265 and get a trimmer and edger attachment. You're good to go!

6. bakerc8

bakerc8 LawnSite Member

what abot somthing cheaper im just starting out

7. Allamericanlandscaping

Allamericanlandscaping LawnSite Member

just starting out i bough a Honda HRR216 cost me well under $500 i don't rember the exact amount.great mower, lack a little power and the bag is small .

Parts ive replaced:
    Rear Tires
    Recoil Starter (my fault)
    Blades (obviously)
    Plugs (again obviously)

This is after 3 seasons

8. Tagg

Tagg LawnSite Member

Scags aren't as good as they say, They are BETTER !!! Scag is the Only Z we use.
    Now for the Honda mowers. The 1 we use gets about 20 hours of use a year, this is the 3rd season and it had the tranny replaced twice already. Thanks Home Depot for their Extended Warranty program = $ 0.00 charge. We have a 4 year exteded warranty on this unit and sure am Glad we do.

9. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

The Honda commercial line is very very good. Most say it is the best for bagging and one of the best for mulching. I have the top of the line one, and everything on it is so smooth that you wont want to go back to a gear driven pos :).

10. bakerc8

bakerc8 LawnSite Member

whats a gear driven op and i have a mulch my brother bout for the state of ct for 20 bucks they were selling them at his work i also have a shil blower that whont work and its pissing me off so if you could tell me what might be wrong that would be great.