Honest opinions on exmarks upgraded cushy seat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BGRANT, May 24, 2002.

BGRANT LawnSite Member

Has anyone tried exmarks fancy seat for 500.00!
    It hurts just to type in that much money.I do alot
    of country lawns and some can be very bumpy.I'm getting a little older(34)and my back feels every bump.Has anyone tried this seat?Is it worth the $$$$$$$$?
    Brian from Mi.:blob1:
  2. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Tried it, loved it.

Definately worth the money if you're mowing with the machine yourself.
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

They should be STANDARD on all Lazers.
    Best money you will ever spend!

I went from a soft riding DC to my LC Lazer with the "new" standard no springs seat. This thing gave me a backache for about 4 days, then I bought the suspension seat! :D

The biggest problem with the Lazer standard seats, is the spring loaded seat hinge safety interlock. It kept jarring me everytime it bottomed out on the rubber snubbers. Maybe if I was 250 lbs and 6' tall, I could have mowed with the seat adjusted all the way back, and eliminated the jarring with the spring. But I'm only 5'7" and 175lbs and I must keep the seat all the way foreward for better control and proper foot placement.

ANYWAY..... Get the suspension seat, then do like I did and sell the stocker for more than its worth on EBAY!!!!
  4. Got it love it want them on all riders.

They are worth the extra dough to come home with no back pains.
  5. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

Everyone email exmark. Tell them too make it a standard seat.
  6. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I think they should be standard as well. I WILL get one by the end of the summer. I am sick of the bouncing and it just can not be good on the poor kidneys. Not to mention it makes me have to go more than normal.:( :D
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

They are nice! I love mine! I thought the new Scag seat felt pretty good, too, as I sat on it at the dealership. I have no idea what it would feel like out in the field after a few hours, though.
  8. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

I bought one when i purchased my Z-Master 3yrs back,there nice but well overpriced, the seats in my Procraft bassboat are just as comfy and they list for 308 dollars, Try running 60mph on Ky-Lake with a K-Mart special.. I do agree that they do save your back after a 10hr day. Marks Mowing Service