Honey Suckle Vine

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by scout007, Jun 14, 2014.

1. scout007

scout007 LawnSite Member

I have a customer that has a honey Suckle vine growing over her fence. She stated that she sprayed round up and other store bought chemicals. It grew back the following year. What can I buy for her to kill this plant? Thanks LCO's for future reply?

2. Victorsaur

Victorsaur LawnSite Member

How deep are the roots?

3. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

Paint a freshly cut honeysuckle vine stem with undiluted round up. Paint it within 15 minute's of being cut and cut the vine within 6 inch's of the ground. That will take out that honeysuckle permanently. Spraying just burn's the plant, it doesn't kill the root.

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I had a ton of it growing over my fence. I sprayed it two years in a row. Both times it killed what was there. The 3rd year it did not grow back.

5. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Honeysuckle is a woody plant. Hit it with Crossbow and MSO. Gone for good. Crossbow is great for other vines like Poison Ivy, Oak, Sumac, briars, and saplings. Just make sure your target is clear of any thing else in those families. On larger projects using power equipment, diesel fuel as your surfactant works great.

6. scout007

scout007 LawnSite Member

Ten-Four, thanks again for the replies. Also, I don't know how deep the roots.