Honey, the lawn guys are here......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dfor, Jul 22, 2004.

1. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

And he says, "on three, you tell the kids to go out and play, you set up the food on the picnic table and I'll turn on the sprinklers." I swear they're out to piss us off. Feel free to add to the list.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

My sister-in-law and her roommates have 4 dogs between them. Today they all ran out the doggie door and frolicked about the backyard the whole time I was mowing. Plus, 4 dogs= lots of doggie doo.
  3. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

yea I mow a yard full of doggie doo also the mower mulches it and the aroma hits me like a ton of bricks
  4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

you set up the picnic table while i'm there, you be pickin the clippings out of your maccaroni salad.
  5. Greenservice

Greenservice LawnSite Member

I have 1 customer who leaves more junk on his lawn than I think he has in the rest of his house: pool toys, dog toys, plates and dishes, tools, radios, even a fishing pole one time.

....and then there are the people who won't budge from lounging at poolside even though you are mowing right next to them. A lawsuit waiting to happen.
  6. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I had an old man who decided he wanted to sit in his park bench in the shade in his back yard last week, while I was mowing and trimming. Aside from the safety risks involved, IT'S JUST WIERD being watched while I'm mowing. After a few laps I politely asked him to make his way inside so he wouldn't get hit by anything and I could successfully mow around where he was sitting. I just don't know what makes poeple decide to do things like this.
  7. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

If they're using the yard, we don't cut.
    If it's full of toys and stuff like that we gather it up (and charge the manhours).
    If the irrigation is on we don't cut.
  8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Don't forget to....drag every water hose out on the lawn that one gets to me.
  9. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

I do a townhome complex. I can pull up and not a soul is outside, as soon as I fire up the Z there are 10 kids right behind me.:blob2:

Then I have to chase them off only to have them sneak up on me later, they think it's a game. I tried talking to some of the parents but it does no good, this Sat. if they are out there I'm going to load up and leave. I can't risk it, something could fly out of my deck and easily take out a kid, ain't gonna deal with that.
  10. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Sparky the dog that chases the tires on your mower and tries to bite the discharged grass. he is so small and fast that he always sneaks up on me. i turn off the mower until the owner puts him back inside. (funny to watch for the 5 seconds he did it.

The stay at home moms that weed their flowerbeds and throw the weeds in the lawn RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. Like i'm supposed to spend extra time choppin em up