Hook lift truck - Need Help

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ShadyTree, Dec 30, 2013.

1. treemover

treemover LawnSite Senior Member

These are pics I got sent to me when I got the truck. I will snap a few tomorrow when I get to the shop, they will be limited putting new syncros in tranny

2000VolvoA.JPG

2000VolvoD.JPG

2. treemover

Here are some numbers for you, center of front axle to center of last axle 314", total hook unit is 217", I have 32" of bare frame between cab and hook frame, the stops for the hook at full reach are 4" in front of my tandem centers, 50" from stops to rear rollers, she is heavy 29450 no box. Trying to figure out how to attach pics from my phone
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

push menu and use desktop version. upload from there

4. ShadyTree

ShadyTree LawnSite Member

The truck weighs approx 23,500 LBS with no box
    The 14' box with 54" hook height weighs approx 4000 LBS
    The front of the truck with the jib all the way back ready to pick a box weighs 9500 LBS
    The distance from front axle to center of tandems is 218"
    The distance from center of tandems to hook ready to pick the box is 111"
    The distance from the center of rear rollers to hook ready to pick the box is 61"

5. treemover

What's the distance of ur roller to center of axle ? It seems u have a fair amount of weight on your steer axle. I wish I could get measurements with my hook extended, that won't be till mid next week when we get tranny back in. I am really interested to see where your roller falls on ur frame. Who made the call on c/t length and hook placement?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. mxridernorth

mxridernorth LawnSite Senior Member

I pm'd you back Shady. Treemover, what kind of suspension does your truck have?

7. ShadyTree

I have a Hendrickson suspension so my axles are further apart. Center to Center that are about 54.5". From center of tandem to center of rear roller i have 48.5". From center of last axle to center of rear roller its about 21" and from the center of rear roller to the end of the frame i have about 12". Swap loader and Henderson (people that installed the swaploader hooklift) made the call on the placement of the unit on the truck.

8. treemover

46k Volvo T-ride

Shadytree did you get anything figured out today?

9. ShadyTree

Nothing yet, they were supposed to come today but it was to friggin cold. Piles and scale were frozen, was about 2 degrees here today. Mxridernorth helped me out big time on the calculations to figure out what the truck can handle. We will see what happens when the reps come.

10. zabmasonry

zabmasonry LawnSite Senior Member
    from C. VT

I'm guessing that the company in question (or you lawyer) has asked you to stop speaking about the subject. But if your willing, have you made any progress?