Hooray and Booooooo....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnguyland, Dec 5, 2005.

1. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Hooray for snow money!
    :blob3:

Boo for not doing clean-ups this week.
    :cry:

I figure this week is shot for leaves, but even so there will be 2 weeks before Christmas to finish up (if the snow melts by this weekend). I know that none of the landscapers here are completely done. There'e nothing to do about it. Just work with it. Go with el flowo.

Any comments or questions? Be nice.

2. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

have about a dozen left to do. We had 2 inches of snow yesterday, so the ground is covered and I have people calling wondering if I am coming today for clean ups before more snow tonight. What do they think I'm going to plow the yard first. We are not miracle workers and are at the mercy of the weather. Lets push some snow and make some $$$$$$ !

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I've got a few more to do but it looks like it may be a while before I get to most of them. I'm getting as many done today as I can.

4. MacPhersonlawn

MacPhersonlawn LawnSite Member

I have 5 left to do, a couple of them good size. We have been only able to work a day and a half in the last two weeks and with snow on the ground now, more due tonight, and no melting in the forcast for the rest of the week we may not get to finish this year. These are some of my major customers and I don't like leaving the jobs un-done, not to mention a good amount of $!

5. lawnguyland

I have about 65 houses I want to get to one last time for maybe 1/2 hr each at tops to get out last leaves or mow(?) so I can do it all in 5 days, I just need 5 days. Five stinkin' snow free days. That's what I need I tells ya!

6. lawnguyland

I hear ya. I hate not being done ( a la grouchy smurf).

7. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Same boat here, lawnguy. I've got most of my clients about 80% done, if we get decent weather the next two weeks, I'll be OK. I keep telling myself, we got more snow than this on Dec 5, 2002, and 2003, and were still able to finish. Some nice weather would truly be a nice Christmas present. Good luck