Hope Ric is okay

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by James Cormier, Aug 18, 2004.

1. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Haven't heard from Ric , since Charley came through, I assume he's got no power, I hope all is well for him down there.

2. woodycrest

woodycrest LawnSite Senior Member

yeah, i was wondering what was up with Ric too.

3. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Ah man, thats right...

We're pullin' for you, bro. I hope everyone will do as I did and go to www.redcross.org and donate a few bucks. No amount is too small! They really need it right now....

4. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Haven't been able to talk to Ric directly, but have heard from someone who has. For those who don't know, he lives in Charlotte County, where the storm did the most damage. First day he had two flats from all the nails laying in roads from demolished buildings. Don't know if he's still using camping stove for cooking and heating bath water.

He had just gotten a grinder to clean up his new nursery with, and that is running a lot now. Guess he got tired of lugging things, he went out of town a couple of days ago to pick up a used skid steer.

Communications are still dicey there. Even cell is in and out - probably towers missing. But I'm sure Ric doesn't have much time to talk, and won't have for many months. All landscapes in his operating area were demolished.

5. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Wow, Sounds bad.

Wish you well Ric.

6. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

So long as he & his are safe & sound, we can make the following statement.

However cold this may sound:

In the wake of tragedy lies great opportunity.

If even half of his cutomers are satisfied with his wpork & have him replant their landscapes, he has job security & sales opportunites galore.

How far is Ric from Ft. Meyer? I have a job for him if he wants it.

7. dobehap

dobehap LawnSite Senior Member

my sympathies to you Ric

Only God knows the answer to the question "why?"
    Everything does happen for a reason, and I agree with Tremor - you may come out of this better than you were before this.

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yea i love to piss him off, but god willing the old goat is ok.

9. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Hope everything is alright with Ric and family as well. As you stated Tremor, there definitely will be plenty of opportunities for landscape repair. Friend of mine lives near Clearwater, had some landscape damage all around him.

10. He and the family are ok!
    All his equipment is ok