hope this is not a sign of how this year will be

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vaacutabove, Jan 27, 2012.

1. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

So far i have bid on three hardscape jobs and two bed installations. And im a big 0 for 5 hope things turn around
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I'm hopeing to break out of the ZERO growth slump I've been in. There may be parts of the country where the economy is getting better but it sure isn't here.

3. vaacutabove

Last year was a great year i added apps. But i know i have had some go into nursing homes and 2 died so will be taking on more mowing for the first time in 2 years
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Richard Martin

In an attempt to gain more business I did a couple of things last year. I did Google ads. That netted me 1 call. I also changed up from door hangers to flyers and that got me nothing. My new customers (more like replacement customers) all came from word of mouth. My customer count is down but my AGI is the same.

I'm going back to door hangers. I'm going to have A'deas ( a Lawnsite sponsor) make up some door hangers for me and I'll see how it goes. I'm going to partner with another local business here, I'm taking the front and he's going to be on the back, so I can get twice the coverage for the same money. As a strictly mowing/ hedge trimming operation I really don't have enough info to take both sides of the hanger. I like my advertising to be to the point.

Here's the link to the A'Deas website:

http://www.adeasprinting.com/?q=door-hangers-old&gclid=CMr9rsjX8q0CFSleTAod03X_uQ

5. vaacutabove

I have sat down and started to look at things i have never done any advertising before but looks lime i may have to start
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

7. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep...its been happening to me. Out of about 4-5 I bid on in the last several months I have 1 bid pending...the rest were no's.
    Mike

8. lawn care St. Cloud  MN

lawn care St. Cloud MN LawnSite Member

How much do the door hangers run at the adeas website?????

Let me know

LawnXperts St. Cloud, MN

9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

When you lose old people to the Home or death, it does hurt cause they are so loyal. I hate losing those types of customers.

10. Richard Martin

It all depends on what you get. Click the link and find out.