hopeful first commercial account

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Jun 27, 2004.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I only have Res. accounts and have a chance at a commecial.First off its a tanning place. I did a door to door type thing with it. Walked in after watching the property look like crap all spring and start of summer. Anyway if i get the job do any of you guys have any ideas that i can toss at her for landscapeing. Keep in mind its a tanning place and in western NY. I am solo also.Right now there is Jack S--- there now. Here is a before pic.

sample pics 126.jpg
  2. chefdrp

I was thinking maybe some type of thing like sand infront instead of mulch. But what type of plantings?

sample pics 127.jpg
  3. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

I'm asuming they want a low maintenance landscape. Why not boxwood or ornamental grasses.
  4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

How about some nice sandscape, with some mini palms to accent the tanning feel for the place.

Too bad for the 30 feet of snow they'll be under, but maybe something along those lines? (beach theme)
  5. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I like the sand idea!
    How about planting some bannana trees?You can move them inside during the winter and they resemble palms.
    And some large rocks.Not too many,maybe just a couple to give it that Hawaiian feel?
    And some kids sand pails and scoops laying on the sand?
    If you can't go with the bannana trees,why not make some palm trees using cut out plywood and painting?Landscaping doesn't have to be all live plants.
    So many possiblilites.
  6. chefdrp

i liked the sand thing too, but then thaught about all the cig. butts in it. Theres always stone(P-stone instead if mulch or sand. I do think low maint is the look.
  7. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

Tell her you will clean up the former parking lot around the sign.. And then tell her you will haul that cheezy sign to the landfill for $50... :)