Hopper extension for the Walker???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walker-talker, Oct 25, 2004.

1. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Anyone consider fabricating one for the Walker? It would be great for leaves and cleanups. I use my Walker for scalping warm season grasses and might have to dump it 30 or more times on a 15,000 sq ft property. I have seen this Cyclon Rake a lot recently and has me thinking. I think one could be made for a couple hundred buck and the time you could save would make up that fast.

Any thoughts?
  2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Nobody has ever thought of this?
  3. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

It's a great idea especially for leaves, if the hopper held more I would definately run Walkers.
  4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Keep the hopper open then go over the leaves, then close the hopper and bag the leaf chips.
  5. orangejbird

orangejbird LawnSite Member

I bought a 25hp 61" turf cruiser with the single joystick. After 1100 hrs the only thing I've replaced are the blades and the air and oil filters. The belt on the deck looks good yet. I like the electric height adjustment. I really don't understand why that doesn't catch on more. The drive setup is so simple compared to most.The only weak point is the front caster wheel bearings and seals. I use synthetic oil in the Kohler and never have to add between 100hr intervals.
    I like the single joystick cause I don't whip a circle when I wave at someone.
    I can drink a beer or smoke a cig with my free hand. :dizzy: I don't, but I could sit on it in the shed and pretend. I put tire goop in the tires so if I run over sharps I can just keep going.