horizontal or vertical

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOMER, Jul 15, 2001.

1. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Since I got the enclosed trailer and no longer have the trimmer rack that I had I have been hanging my trimmers and edger by a hook mounted on the wall. I've notices that they are harder to crank and takes a while for the cobwebs to clear before they smooth out. Would there be any reason why this would affect the trimmers and their performance? Is the gas draining out of the bowl or something.

Any thoughts?

2. racerdave

racerdave LawnSite Senior Member

I myself have not noticed a problem.
    Are you sure it's the trimmers that are hard to start or are you getting harder to start.:D
    David

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Before I got my trimmer rack I used to take the trimmers and edger inside the shop every night and hang them on hooks on the wall - engine down. I never had a problem with them. They started and ran the same no matter which way they were stored. These are Shindi trimmers and a Stihl edger. Maybe your brand doesn't care for it?

4. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

i would love to know if how you hang a trimmer affects the performance.

i find my stihl trimmers hard to start whether thery're hung horizontal, vertical, upsidedownsideways, or kept on my lap between houses.

but i love how they run once started.

i guess its a love hate thing

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Homer, I made brackets in my cube van so that the trimmers hang the same way they would if you were holding them and I never have a problem starting them. Motor up and shaft on a 45 degree angle.

6. cp

cp LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Homer, if your looking for an excuse to buy a rack then just say so. Try the Husqvarna, I like it.:)

7. slabpile

slabpile LawnSite Member

hey homer
    i had a trimmer rack mad so they would hang from the ceiling. it was very simply need a piture? i think it cost me like $25.