1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

horrible color, and plantings

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E-mans Hardscapes

E-mans Hardscapes LawnSite Member

Lol. No crisis here. Your work speaks for itself.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Nice juke. What this thread needs is a little grounding.
    1) Nobody's perfect.
    2) Nobody's work is perfect.
    3) If you're telling yourself that you're perfect, you're kidding yourself.
    4) If you're telling the world you're perfect, you're gonna have to prove it.
    5) How do you prove to the world that you and your work are perfect?
    6) see numbers 1&2 above.

What is the purpose of criticizing taco bloc's product? Who is taco bloc? Who really cares? Who really cares what anyone on the forum thinks?

Threads like these seem to be more about ego stroking than about actual craftsmanship and I figure if you need your horn blowed someone will blow it for you, you don't have to do it yourself.

The only thing positive that might come of this thread would be the peanut butter pie recipe.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Im jumping on to hear his reply

To me The gravel was good choice for around a pool now the color could been brighter
  4. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

It looks like the homeowner is fixated on that 'monotone beige' color judging from the pool house and house. It looks like they used the gravel as an accent and for low maint around and in the pool. Plants dont look good. They could have really turned it around with some proper planting and colorful plants

I don't think the gravel was a bad choice either. Keeping ones pool clean is a biatch
  5. Steiner

Steiner LawnSite Senior Member

I think customers get what I call color fear. A few I have worked with would stay on one tonality of color. Red brick, red plants, red mulch. I try as a designer to show them that contrast and difference can really draw the eye.

For many it is fear of being bold. Fear of standing out maybe. Color lockjaw would be an appropriate term.

Anybody have this happen to one of your customers and how did you solve the boring color palette?

Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Thats the truth I had few pools to take care off and the ones was mulch and others was rock The pools had rock around it was always clean but couldn't say much for the ones had mulch always screening it
    Glad I don't do pools anymore
  7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

See red font

Andrew Hardscape
    world renowned hardscaper in chief

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  8. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Hope they don't have kids lol. Those barberries hurt if you're not used to them.

I remember first time I ever planted one. Now I hold them by root ball
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. DVS Hardscaper

Owning a pool is nothing but a biatch. They cost a lot of money to maintain, repair, etc. And really - most pools get very little use. FOr $500 a year you can join the community pool or city pool or local swim club. And the children get to SOCIALIZE. And I make a solid steady living because of those facts :)

We have a motorhome for my kid's MX racing. Pain in the hiney too, just like a pool. gotta keep it clean inside and out. Gotta put stuff in the fresh water tank to kill the mold. Gotta winterize it. You know - a hotel is much easier and simpler.

Americans are notorious for creating work for their selves.
  10. DVS Hardscaper

So the forum has gone a week without any activity.

Look how many pages this thread has and look at the view count :)

and ta-daa, the forum is revived!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.