1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Horse Farm Bid

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by wolf1, Feb 2, 2007.

1. wolf1

wolf1 LawnSite Member

Haven't bid anything this large, the manager told me today that his wife has been mowing it with a Kubota zero turn 60 in. takes her 40 hrs. He also told me that it takes approx. 100 hrs to trim the place. They would like an hourly price as it is spread out over several roads really not easy to figure by acres. Any ideas would be appreciated
  2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

140 hours!!!!??? How many guys going to work? Will you use your equipment or theirs?
  3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

$60 an hour for your equipment.
  4. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Will that interfere with any of your other jobs? Thats alot of time to be at one job!!!
  5. wolf1

wolf1 LawnSite Member

Going to use 5 men , 2 mowing will cut time in half , 3 men trimming then other 2 helping in after mowing. Using my equipment,figure 121 hours on the high side. Thanks for the interest. No it shouldn't interfer with other work. Figure one day mowing and 3 days trimming should be the max.
  6. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck with that job, thats alot of days trimming
  7. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

i think you will make bank off that job :p as little customers as i have.... Id love to have that job :( i hate just sitting at home when i have nothing to do....
  8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

his wife spent 140 hrs a week mowing grass im not buying it

ED'S LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

The hrs do seem fishy. Ask him is the the amount of hrs spent per month that would seem more like it. My wife cuts our farm most of the time with the
    60" lazer and I bushog the pastures. It's only 10 acre but with 14 miles of fence and a pond that I keep cut down using only a trimmer. This takes us approx 70 hrs a month.
  10. wolf1

wolf1 LawnSite Member

His wife mowed 40 hrs , his laborers spent 100 hrs trimming