1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Horse shoe inset

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by klaf, Oct 31, 2009.

1. klaf

klaf LawnSite Member

We are currently working on 13000 sq ft lockstone job at a horse ranch. Lockstone is going all arounf the barn and inside the barn. The first barn they built about four years ago just has a concrete floor inside and they had 2 horse shoes at each entrance set into the concrete when the floor was being poured.

Since the new barn has interlock inside that can't be done so i was wondering if there is a router bit of some type that I could buy or rent that would take out the thickness of the shoe in the stone so they could be set in. I have not been able to find anything yet that would work at the local rental places and obviously this is too intricate for a wetsaw or cutoff saw.

Thanks

2. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

I would just cut your pavers around the 'shoe. Then, fill the deepth with concrete or epoxy and put your 'shoe on top.

Peace,

Rex

http://PaversInstalled.Com

3. GMTA

GMTA LawnSite Member

Check your local supplier if they know anyone that does paver engraving. Also you could probably take it to a gravestone engraver. They could probably do it for the right price. Good Luck!

4. klaf

klaf LawnSite Member

really no way to make cuts that intricate, i'm not looking to cut around the shoes in need to set them into the stone.

The gravestone idea is a good thought though. I'm going to have to look into that one. Thanks

5. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I'd cut around them and do like rexmann says but if you can't the grinder is the way to go.

6. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member