horse smell

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Mike M, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Yesterday, no-see-ums/biting gnats from heck were in my hair and beard and on my arms by the millions (no bug spray), as I was deep in a crushed oyster shell driveway fixing 2 side by side 1 inch irrigation pipes inside 2" sleeves, all of which I destroyed with the swing of a pick ax.

I got zapped 3 times by an electric fence which was against a tree I was working on.

The owner pulls up and has to stop, since there was a trench across the drive. I offered to help carry something from the back of her Jeep. Turns out it was 2 soaking wet horse blankets/jackets.

I smelled like a horse for the remaining afternoon.

I just thought I would share that.

2. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Work is a lot of fun sometimes...

I have trouble picturing you wearing a beard though...

3. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

And now it's Miller Time :drinkup:

4. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

of course you have to get that beer to go since you are probally going to get some funny looks smelling like a sweaty horse and looking worn out.

5. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

After that first zap Mike I don't think I would have touched it that 2nd and 3rd time....but that's just me............:laugh:............:drinkup:

Keith

6. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey Mike... what does it feel like to get zapped by an e-fence anyways?

I gotta think it gives your brain a bit of a tingle... is that why did it a few more times? :laugh:

You know, if you have any withdrawl symptoms, you can always put a piece of that electric fence in a freezer and then lick it! :laugh:

Freezing rain day here.... time to clean out the trailer and get organized for another frantic season of fun and frolic.

7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I got zapped one time... ONE TIME Mike and I learned my lesson.

FYI just in case you were about to start a thread and ask. You dont need to check V Drop on a electric fence system.:laugh::laugh: You would think if you were working that close to the fence you would of unplugged it first!

8. irrig8r

Years ago I worked on a dairy farm... tricking new help into backing into the fence was a time honored tradition... but even they usually learned the first time....

9. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

how do you unplug a fence that is invisible? lol

10. irrig8r

Joey, I don't think he's talking about some science fiction force field, just a simple electric fence.... usually pretty easy to spot...

Meanwhile, Mike, what are you doing using a pick anyway?

You can pick up a decent demolition hammer with a clay spade, chisel and bull point bits for somewhere around $800 to $1000.

It's a bit easier on the back and shoulders, and on buried pipe or conduit too (with the spade at least).

Mine's a Bosch, but Hilti and DeWalt make nice ones too.