Horsepower

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassroots lawn, Jan 12, 2006.

1. grassroots lawn

grassroots lawn LawnSite Member

I am a small company in PA. Started using horsepower for weed control instead of Trimec. Anyone else use this product and are you happy with the results. I am very happy myself but the cost of this product is a fair amount more than the rest. Anyone where I can get better prices in southeastern PA on this product and or others like it. I paid $100 per 2 1/2 gallons in 2005. Does that sound right to you? Thanks any help would be great.

Thanks JAY

2. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Horsepower is an ester formulaton, so you get better results in cool weather than with Trimec.

Ester formulated products are generally not cheap, but you might try looking into Speedzone. Last time I was buying at my local supplier, Speedzone was less expensive than Horsepower.

3. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Horsepower is the Amine formula with Triclopyr, while Coolpower is the Ester formulation. Horsepower I've used for the past few years has worked excellent even in the low vol application methods, however I have added a wetting agent to aid its spread on plant tissue. Horsepower has worked quite effectively, and have been getting at a price near $34.00 a gallon. I use Coolpower in the very early spring and thru the fall, works terrific when temps are cool and spreads great with low vol set ups. Grassroots, PM me if you would like more info.

4. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for correcting me on that. Had Coolpower stuck on my mind for some reason.

5. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

NO Problem TUrf, you were there and had the right idea, both products have worked well!