Horsetail, Need recommendations!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GrazerZ, Jun 1, 2006.

1. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

I have a major issue with this plant. I can't get rid of it. What have you guys used to get it out off shrub beds. The stuff comes in the mulch of all things. It could be a great money maker to have a solution. I have put down Snapshot at heavy rates, it only slows it down a bit. I want it gone. Need some info on this one guys. Thanx. And by the way, its horsetail, not horseweed or mares tail.
  2. Rob Spread & Spray

Rob Spread & Spray LawnSite Member

Try mixing ROundup and Quicksilver. You will need to respray every so often as it is not a 1 time deal. But works great!
  3. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

I just barely bought a bag of Casoron - it's supposed to remedy horsetails. Haven't had the chance to it yet, though.
  4. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I had a property that had heavy infestations of horsetail. 5% solution of Round-up at three 1 week intervals took care of it. However, I haven't found any pre-emergent that will prevent it.
  5. brookviewlawncare

brookviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i am with rob
  6. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

The label for Escalade list horsetail as one of the weeds controlled. Does anybody know how well this works?