Horticulture Course?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by D.Holley, Jun 10, 2001.

1. D.Holley

D.Holley LawnSite Member

Recently me and my partner inrolled in colledg to get a degree in horticulture. We believe that this will give us the edge that we need to grasp the complete lawn needs of our customers.

My question is this " How many of you guys would drop a few customers to pick up education in turf management, irrigation, landscape managment, Pest control, greenhouse managment?"

We believe that this will give us the edge over our compition and give us the push we need to obtain our goal.

Just courious

As my partner would say " There is no traffic jam for those who go the extra mile."
  2. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

Have taken several courses.

Knowledge is POWER!
  3. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

Excellent Idea!! When your out there, your customers expect you to know everything there is to know about woody/herbacious ornamentals,pest control, irrigation, lighting, prunning, fertalization, landscaping, ect. ect. You never will, but, start now and get every license you can, take every course you can. After 9 years in the industry and 4 years on my own, I now realize that I still dont know anything. But I'm learning
  4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

HANDS UP ON THAT ONE.i was going to drop my pesticide license
    but think ill reup this winter and possibly take a course in
    a related field.