Horton Hauler Trailers?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by fool32696, Jun 13, 2008.

1. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you guys have any experience with Horton Hauler Trailers? I'm looking at one for what seems like a good price.

2. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

I bought one because it was supposed to be up there in quality with other top names. I've been extremely disappointed with the quality. VERY shotty work on some things. I've also been eating tires like crazy. Went to dealer and they said it was just part of the game. Finally called the manufacturer and they told me to take some measurements of the axles. Come to find out my axles were not welded on correctly, one side further back than the other.

Now I have to take a full day and haul it over 200 miles one way because there is no where that will work on it under warranty.

Total BS. BTW, I could have bought a "cheaper" brand trailer for about $3500-4000 (identical trailer), but bought this Horton for a few dollars under $6k.

3. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a friend with a Horton. He is very unhappy with his also. I would stay away from Covenant also.

4. fool32696

what do you guys recommend?

5. miles

miles LawnSite Member

I had a Horton enclosed for 7 years and had ALOT of problems with wear and tear on tires as well. I have heard good things about Cargomate. Good luck!

6. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I use a PJ trailer and i love it......

but at work we haul all our equipment on a horton and it isnt even a year old yet and it is rusty all ready...and everything is just so cheap on it...

but the three brands i would recommend would be the PJ, which is powdercoated and wont rust,, the second would be a corn pro,, whichs is priced a few hundred dollars more than other trailers but are awesome trailers all around the only reason i didnt go with one is cuz the closest dealership was the same one my dad was using in ohio when he was in business and was buying cornpro trailers and the third i would recommend would be the Kaufman,, they are really well built trailers..but i am not really sure about the rusting part..

7. fool32696

I ended up with a Wells Cargo 7x14 Road Force Trailer (their mid range trailer). Seems to be built nicely. I would've liked some thicker plywood on the walls and a slightly wider ramp door opening but for the money I think I did alright.