Hose-end sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Backlap, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Backlap

Backlap LawnSite Member

I know this is sorta lame, but does anyone know the best hose end sprayer to use for some spot spraying that will work with liquid chemicals.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

What do you plan on using it on?

3. SpreadNSpray

SpreadNSpray LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

You already know it's lame. just buy a 2 gal pump up and spray your patch of grass.

4. Hogjaw

Hogjaw LawnSite Senior Member

Now, Now............. where's your professional sense of humor?

5. SpreadNSpray

from MN

That was it!:laugh:

6. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Ortho Dial-n-spray. Just fill it up with chemical set the dial to the proper mixture such as 1.5 oz. per gallon, hook it up to a hose and spray away. I use one on blanket sprays.

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Gilmore hose end sprayer is very nice, all brass parts and a metal hose end. I have one and I used it for spraying Image on my lawn...worked really well!

http://www.sprayer-outlet.com/gprohand.htm I think I paid $18 on amazon for mine and it came with a free book on lawns.

8. cgaengineer

Its actually not lame, someone else on this forum uses one and said it works well, just make sure you get a good one like the Gilmore.

9. SpreadNSpray

from MN

Just what I was waiting for. As long as someone else uses one, it must be ok. I'll get right on that.

10. cgaengineer

Say what you want to say , worked for me and was very accurate.

It would be just too much for you to try something that you can buy at a garden store wouldn't it...oh god, hope none of my LawnSite friends see me buying a hose end sprayer at HomeDepot...what will they think?

Rather then post your uneducated response, why don't you just answer the OP's question. And if you dont have any answer other then a negative one then keep the comments to yourself!

You remind me of one of those people who reply to questions like the example below:

Q) I just started a lawn company and need some advice on what type of trimmer to purchase?
    A) Do you have insurance? Are you legal?