1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hose end sprayers?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jay albers, Aug 6, 2010.

1. jay albers

jay albers LawnSite Member

I was looking at the gilmour end sprayers. I have a stihl backback sprayer but some areas i need somthing more then just spot spray, and at the same time i dont really want to spend alot of money on somthing els.

anyway , how do these hose ends work? i would be using round up in it , In small areas with alot of weeds or grass im trying to kill.
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

i wouldn't trust the hose-end sprayer. Not reliable as to the mixing ratio. Try it with dye at first. Wettable powders are probably not possible. Anything viscous wil not work.
    Stay with the backpack--but you could graduate to the battery power backpack. Use a smaller nozzle so you can cover 10,000 sq feet per fill.
  3. ToniDavies

ToniDavies LawnSite Member

The PestJet Professional Hose End Injector Gun is very popular
    This gun has 5 different settings depending on what product you would like to use it for.
    Setting 1 is for products such as RoundUP
    Setting 2 is for 2-4D based products or 3way herbicides
    Setting 3 or 4 for fungicides
    Setting 5 for thick viscous products.

4. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

nice Toni thanks, that thing looks like it would last a long time
  5. GrandMaster

GrandMaster LawnSite Member
    from Utah

This is a great little unit I use it not as much anymore, but it will last for a long time. when possible move up to a 25gal tank on dolly and a elec. pump with 100' hose. I got a nice modified one ive welded up. Tank on bottom and hose reel on top 10" tires and drag it anywhere. For weed control in small areas. Skid on large.