hose quick disconnect fitting

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by woodlawnservice, Jan 31, 2013.

1. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I've got 1/2 hose on my reel with a quick disconnected on end of.hose..( I just bought this skid) smell with no gun... how do I find the fitting I need because I hadn't seen any that looks like what should fit in the female section that's on the hose now...I need the male end And a gun
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Remove it from hose and take all of it to Home Depot or Northern Tools and find what you need but do not buy that stuff as it is brass and will just rot the seals. Instead, go to McMaster Carr and buy SS fittings of the same type with seals that are good for chemicals. They will cost 4-5 times as much but will not corrode or wear out when you need them the most. Stainless steel the only way to go.

3. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I believe the one that's on it is brass right.now...
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Post a photo or just replace both parts with SS. Just size with fitting from your hose and on skid. It's possible that you may need two different pieces or plumb down/up. Not a real problem. McMaster Carr has different sized receiving ends. Photos would help. Those brass fitting are generally (and before I get scolded by disagreeing persons) are for air. I replaced all of them when the rubber seals inside broke down. The SS are neoprene alloy composite I think.