hose reel

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by JB926, Sep 12, 2006.

1. JB926

JB926 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

i want to buy a hose reel for my compressor. I want to know if it would be a waste of time to get 3/4" ID hose compaired to 1" ID. Its hooked up to a 185 diesel compressor and dont want to be too limited. Most of my blow downs are residental. Just wondering if I would be wasting my time with the 3/4". I have 1" now but sometimes I feel like its too much plus I can only fit 100 ft compared to 170 ft with the 3/4". Whats everyones thought, thanks in advance

2. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I think you are wasting your time with 1''.... unless you are doing some very large systems I can't see how you'd need it. I'd rather have longer lengths of 3/4....

I feel more restricted by the size of my connection than the size of my hose... what good is a 1'' hose going to do you if you are still blowing through a testcock valve?

3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

hose diameter will kill psi and cfm in long runs alot more than passing through a small orifice.

4. cush

cush LawnSite Senior Member

with a 185 you should have little line loss even on a 300' run. If you do crank up the psi a bit. I actuly try and set the compressor at 90psi and would like to have less pressure but then you get a lot of blow by. 185 is a lot of air, almost 7 cubic yards of compressed air. I don't know what that works out to in gpm but you will still have plenty of air with the 3/4 in hose.

5. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

LOL!!! Sexual innuendos belong in the Calendar Girl thread. :laugh: