Hose Repairs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kemmer, Jul 16, 2005.

1. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

One of my guys ran over a customers garden hose either with the mower or trimmer, there is a slice in it and the customer called me about it, i told him id take care of it, he currently has tape on it but it isnt doing anything. Is there an easy way to fix this or should i just get a new one(dont feel like gettting a new one). Please help

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

You had better get a new one weather you feel like it or not..if you want to keep the customer.

3. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Easy fix. Home Depot/Lowes or any local hardware store will carry hose mending kits. You can also purchase the male/female ends (brass/plastic) if you or those crafty employees ever run over the business end of a customers hose. I had to splice some hoses' together for a customer last week, I shelled out a couple of Mr. Washington's and a few minutes of time and we were back in business. I purchased the mender @ Lowes the brand was Gilmour. Quick fix and good as new.

4. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Good Lord just buy a new hose :waving:

5. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

lol i know! :dizzy:

6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

One of your guys? How many employees do you have at 16? :rolleyes: Anyways, just buy him a new hose, you know thats the right thing to do.

7. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Give him new hose.

Keep old hose for yourself and fix with hose mender.

8. Lake Claire Lawn Ranger

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger LawnSite Member

What he said

9. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

ok, i think thats what im going to do. Im 17 and totally legit(under my dads name) i have 2 employees.

10. Illini_Fan

Illini_Fan LawnSite Member

If you buy a new hose, you just might get a new customer or 2, when your current customer tells all their friends how well you took care of them. Seems like cheap advertising to me. Or, you can be a cheapskate and see how much bad PR you get out of that!