hose won't reach

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Turfdoctor1, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

i know this sounds like a personal problem, but...

I have 200 feet of hose for my 200 gallon skid sprayer. I have no permagreen or ride on, and I need about 600 feet of hose to reach the back end of the property that I desperately want to manage. This is for the biggest celebrity in NW Arkansas, any guesses?

What would you do?

(1) Tell them no thanks.
    (2) Buy a PG.
    (3) Sub it out.
    (4) Find a bigger hose.
    (5) Something else.

Thanks.

2. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

(6) I'd buy a Gregson-Clark skid sprayer, because the Hannay hose reels they come with hold 600 feet of hose. Problem solved. :)

3. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

300 ft is usually the max on those reels. No one can tell you if the job is good, but why can't you buy another 300ft and just screw them together when needed? (biggest celebrrity in Norht west AK)...lmao

4. Turfdoctor1

thanks guys. both good ideas. unfortunately, i need to be ready Monday.

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

So...if it is not too wet...drive the truck on the grass. (With permission of course.) Also I had a similar situation--and I was able to convince a near neighbor to let me park on her drive so I could reach the back lot, ( I had to do part of her lawn for free.)

Of course, maybe you could use a hand spread and a Synergy--it would take a long time. Battery operated back pack is another possibility.

Or could you convince a friend to rent his Permagreen or similar set up? In fact, rent a 300 foot hose.

6. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Vic where ya been?

7. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Buy a 50 gallon tank setup for a lawn tractor from tractor supply you can tow it.

8. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Biggest celebrity in Arkansas? Hmmmm, Is it a Clinton? They moved to NY. The guy who played Cooter on the Dukes of Hazard? Karl Malone has a house in Arkansas.

I have 300' of hose and can barely get into the back corners of a few properties, but I can get them all, I would consider driving onto the property, or using a smaller sprayer, I've done parks before, I just drove right onto the lawn.

9. Turfdoctor1

haha. cooter. nope.

we are way too wet for me to consider driving onto the lawn. there is an empty lot to the east, but still worried about getting stuck.

10. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I'd say Sam Walton but he's gone to the big Wal-Mart in the sky. I used to run a 300ft hose and it just wasn't enough. I now run 400ft of 3/8. Best move I ever made. That still wouldn't help you by Monday. Westheffer had the 400ft lengths of 3/8 for .65 per ft. you could order it and splice in like the previous post suggested or find an alternate way to the back of the property. I'd say you could borrow my Ultra but 3 hr trip one way and no way to get you confident in such a short time.(Not to mention it's making me a bunch of money right now and I couldn't do without it. When it's not raining!!!)