Hoskm01 Stepped Up

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by JimLewis, Nov 18, 2007.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I gotta publicly say thanks to Matt Hoskins (Hoskm01) for all his help this last week. As I posted before, I went down to his area (West Phoenix) to do a very large job for a family friend of mine. It was a daunting task. I had to design and oversee the install of a hundred or so trees and plants, 9500 sq. ft. of sod, 11 zone irrigation system, water feature, lighting, curbing, and rock work all in 5 days. And all of this in an area of the country I had no experience in; a climate I had never worked in before; plants, trees and turfgrass I had little knowledge of; and deal with suppliers I had no relationship with. And I had 5 days to do it all.

I could have never done it without Matt's help. He was kind enough to meet with me, catch me up to date on local plant and tree varieties, bring me up to speed on local turfgrass and how to install it, set me up with his discounts at his suppliers; set us up with some good laborers; and loan us equipment we didn't have. It was above and beyond the call of duty.

This is a stand up guy. And a fine example of what this site is all about. Thanks again, Matt!

2. You mean behind those devilish posts their is a fine hardworking human being? Well I'll be.

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

All of that and no pictures.

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Makes me feel a little better.:confused:

5. JimLewis

I really didn't have any time for photos. The entire time was crunch time trying to get all that done in 5 days. It was like extreme landscape makeover. My friends did take some before pics and they will take some after pics and send them all to me.

I did get a little time to take some photos of the water feature we built. I posted those in the pond forum.

I think I do have just a few photos of the irrigation and sod. I will post those later when I download them from my camera.

6. Mike Leary

Matt's going to be insufferable from now on!:)

7. JimLewis

Here are some photos. Most of these are irrigation photos, and the job is still unfinished in these photos.....

Cuthbertson, Brian1.jpg

Cuthbertson, Brian2.jpg

Cuthbertson, Brian3.jpg

Cuthbertson, Brian4.jpg

Cuthbertson, Brian5.jpg

8. JimLewis

9. Mike Leary

Nice pics Jim! ::eats heart out::

10. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

nice pics and congrats on the 5 day job, but

why would someone install that much turf in one of the hottest/driest places in the country?