1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hospital lawn care

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ptimealltime, Feb 21, 2006.

1. ptimealltime

ptimealltime LawnSite Member
    from eastern

hospital lawn care just wanted to know what you guys would bid monthly on about 15 acres mow trim and ,blow about 75 yards of mulch and around 4.5 hours of shrub trimming
  2. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Well at 30 an acre that would be $450 a cut. Don't know how many cuts you have a year but times that by cost of cut time X's you plan on mowing.
  3. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

$6450 of which $5250 mulch.
  4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Probably around $1,000 a cut if it's easy cutting and there is not a lot of trimming and edging.
    But with it being a hospital I doubt that.

As for the mulch, it would depend on the type of mulch and how easy the access is to the beds. So lets say straight install > $4,500 + per install.

4.5 hrs of shrub trimming. $200-$300 a trim.
  5. ccll

ccll LawnSite Member

I done a hospital with about that same amount of acerage last year, it was spread out, besides the mowing around the hospital I had to do a couple of very small clinics, which took about 25 min. each, there was also a good bit of weedeating also, total job took about 5-6 hours with 4 workers and they were paying $1100.00 per mow. I wasn't really crazy about doing the job but they were desperate, so I priced it fairly high, it turned out to be very profitable job, by late Sep. and Oct. when the grass slowed down we were getting it done in 4 hrs.