Hoss's new gig!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by hoskm01, Mar 24, 2008.

1. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Well I finally managed to get some net at the house. The house... 3k feet on a small cliff overlooking the remaining 8 acres of property leading to the relatively major river which lies just before the golf course, all in view. Small fenced yard for the dogs to be contained in when out at work, or play.

Work...

Small full service company currently with 3 major community properties under the wing. Few new installs for the whole shebang, but LOTS of irrigation systems only. First day of work today, scoped and bid a sorority house. If you people have never seen the girls in CO, my experience is limited mostly to AZ, but they are FAR better looking as a whole. Peeped the properties and took notes on each.
    So I'm working about 80 acres, 18 controllers and about 500 zones all-in-all.

Colorado may well be the most beautiful place on earth, and nothing is even green here yet. Very pleased thus far, likely stay for the remainder of my little irrigator life.

Tom-Tom and Dana, We work totally up here but are coming down to the Springs to put in a newbie for a friend of my boss. Other than that, I promise not to intrude. Beer night however, ummm, yeah.

2. Pictures please of the pad...

Congrats on the move.....

3. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Drivin Up.
    [​IMG]

Did we go the wrong way?
    [​IMG]

Backyard, 8 acres, river to the right.
    [​IMG]

The View!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to come, I cant stand this SLOW internet, like the 1990's or somethin!

4. It is nice their. I have a sister who lives in Bellvue just north so you we may get together sometime. Commies run the place though.

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Nice view (once you get rid of the chainlink). Any problems with flooding?

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats on the move. Hope you continue to like it here.

No worries about movin' into our territory. we've already forced SprinklerGuy out, we can do the same to you if it comes to it :laugh::laugh: Beer night sounds good, depending on how busy things get. And if you have time. Our cycles here are pretty rough and intense. If you haven't done sprinklers in a cold climate before, get ready for the rush.

7. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

Sweet move! First round of lawn genies on Dana :drinkup:

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

You made the turn! Good for you & family...looks nice..see you in the fall.

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the kind words, all. It really is great here. The busy season sounds more and more prevalent every day; sounds as though I may have an understudy this year for watering duties, not a bad start.
    Work pics to come soon. Water goes on next week.