Hosting Providers?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Trkcat_Ga, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Trkcat_Ga

Trkcat_Ga LawnSite Member

So who do you use for your hosting provider and does it include your domain?
  2. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I use .

I've used a few different hosts. I'm sure there are lots of good ones... but there are also lots of bad ones.

hostmonster is affordable, dependable, a killer value.

What's more, is that when you call there's almost never a wait. And there's no rush to get you off the phone for the next caller. They're good. They're AMERICAN! No impossible-to-understand accents...

I bought my domain name separately years before I went to them, so I'm not sure if they "include" it in their costs.
  3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Dreamhost is great.
  4. Trkcat_Ga

Trkcat_Ga LawnSite Member

I thought this would be a good thread for those who are looking for hosting but I forgot to add mine.

I use - Been a few years now and wouldnt change for nothing and it includes your domain/s
  5. NeilsWeb

NeilsWeb LawnSite Member

6. ritchiem

ritchiem LawnSite Member

I host all of my sites with I would never change again. Good customer service as well.
  7. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

pay service, not free, but theres no annoying advertising, banners or inserts on your web address
  8. Tony12

Tony12 LawnSite Member

9. qwerty

qwerty LawnSite Member

I use godaddy for several of our sites. They're service, up-time, price, and quality are good, but since we build our sites in-house I can't say much about their design.

I can say that I struggled with some of our coding on our larger retail sites, but their tech. support worked with me to fix most issues or I just did a workaround.

Godaddy also has a lot of free add-ons if you wanted your own forum, blog, or newsletter for your site.

Note: your host does not have to be your (domain) registrar although you can probably get better rates if they were.