Hot and dang dry already....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carolina Cutter, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Well its June and whew it was hot out there today. I know, I know.....the worst is yet to come. Maybe its just as I get older I tolerate it less....strange for a fireman huh?

NC needs some rain REALLY bad. All my lawns are really dry and the dust, well lets just say, I can't wait to take a shower...LOL. ;)

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Just bout the same here too Jeff.

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Hasn't rained in 10 days and tomorrow its gonna be 90. Thats nice if you are in Florida but I am in Green Bay. Chubby Cheeseheads don't like heat.

The brush fire season will be enhanced by this stretch, I'll get my exercise one way or another.

4. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Finally had some cooler temps and some rain last week and helped green up lawns around here, we were dry for a while early this spring. Now its getting hot again, mid 80s for a while now and the grass is gonna start to get real crispy again soon.

5. hesscapes

hesscapes LawnSite Member

Not sure where everyone else is, but we are in WV and it's pretty dry. I'm getting worried that we won't get off to a running start as planned. I didn't expect this till the end of july!!
    praying for rain :realmad:

6. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

it's dryer than a popcorn fart here. We are down over 6 inches since march. I've been calling customers and asking them if they need any other work done and I have even been thinking about asking local contractors if they need any bobcat work done. Lord help us. :angel:

7. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Down over 2 inches for June. But we are still ahead for the year. Things are browning out quite a bit. May not mow anything this week.Just did a few today that are watering and that is it.

8. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

When it gets dry here I just up the sprinkler times. :D

9. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

From PA here and its dry too. The last lawn I did today was actually crunching why I was walking behind the mower....Its like a desert.