Hot and dumb.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by We do 4 U, Jul 30, 2002.

1. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

I have read and chuckled at all the posts of the guys who drive off with the gate of their trailers down. Well, today the heat index was 110-115 and I drove off with my tailgate down not once, but twice!:blush: This is the first time I have done this and I can only think that the heat had something to do with it. Luckily the sound of metal draging on pavement immeditly alerted me to the situation and I was able to corect the problem. Anyway, hope you can have a laugh at my expense!:)

2. We can teach you how to do anything here.:D

3. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Now I hope you haven't jinxed me......:angel:

4. Mike (MLC)

Mike (MLC) LawnSite Member

It's amazing what the heat can do to you. ;)

5. BeverCreekLawnCare

BeverCreekLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from none

WOW talk about a hot day. It was pretty hot around here where I live and I had my day full of mistakes. I started out my day looking into the rearview mirror and found that gas was slpashing out of the tank on my Scag and gas was gushing everywhere. I always forget to put the dang cap on. I then drove off and found that my tailgate was down too. Luckily I too heard the metal scpraping. Third and final thing, I ran over a pile of wasps which I will never do again, they really hurt. I also shot a baseball about 200 ft into the street.......No car at the time, WHOOOOOEEEE. Thats about a regular day for me, when my employee is out of town and I do everything myself.

Not that I mind doing it myself, just means more money for me!

6. The Mowerdude

The Mowerdude LawnSite Senior Member

I've done all of these things and never could blame them on the heat. Nope, it's all cause I'm so darn dumb! In fact, I'm a genuis at being dumb.

But here's a good one. One day, a couple of years ago, I was cutting a ditch line with the string trimmer. This little red Pontiac Sunbird with 4 high schoolers in it and a sound system to die for, came bumping down the street rattling everything in sight including my fillings. (which are not in sight) As they got closer, I accidentally hit a big rock with the trimmer. I was using a Shin T-70 and it was powerful. It wrapped the string around the rock and slung up against the door of the Pontiac. It put this huge dent in it but it did it right to the beat of the music. The kids in the car never noticed a thing. They kept right on bumping down the street. I've had a good laugh many times about what the car's owner must have thought when he discovered that dent and wondered where it came from. :laugh:

Since then, I've many times thought that if some one is rappin too loud with their stereos, we should just throw rocks at them. :cool: