HOT Equipment in Charlotte

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by LawnSharks, Jan 2, 2008.

1. LawnSharks

LawnSharks LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,
    Just wanted to let you know what is going on and see if any of you are affected. Last Friday a guy posted on Craigslist that he had a couple of Stihl BR600's (new and nearly new) that he was selling for $300.00. I called him and told him I wanted one and we agreed on $250.00. We decided to meet at the state line (Carowinds Blvd) at 1:00. I told him what I would be driving and he told me what he would be in. He then called me back and asked if I could meet earlier. I agreed that we could meet in 35 minutes at the Exxon on Carowinds Blvd. He was coming from Rock Hill, SC and me from Matthews. I told him that I would be in my F-150 instead of he Tacoma that I had earlier told him. He, out of the blue asked if I owned a lawncare company and I reponded, Yes. He then asked where I did most of my work and then he hung up. We talked about 4-5 times and he always answered or responded to my voicemails.
    I waited at the Exxon for over 45 minutes and kept trying to reach him. He never answered or returned calls. My guess is that the blowers were stolen and he figured I would know about some stolen equipment in the area. I tried him several times on the way back to the shop with no response. I then called him from another number and he picked up. When he heard it was me, he hung up. An hour later the listing was removed from Craigslist.

If you have had equipment stolen, then send me a PM and I'll give you the guys name and number. Let's all network together to stop these guys.
  2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd call the cops on him, and let them look into it.
  3. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC