Hot Rods and Toys

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Harleyboy52, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Harleyboy52

Harleyboy52 LawnSite Member

I was just wondering how many of you guys liked Hot Rods. I have a 30 Model A with a 351 Windsor 330 HP. It really scoots. The 57 T-Bird is my wife's. It only rolls on Sunday afternoons if it is pretty out. My Model A is on the road all the time. It gets lots of looks.

hot rod 52.jpg

t bird and rod 52.jpg
  2. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Cut off the cab and put a truck bed on it and you got my dream truck. Nice pics.
  3. MidSouthLawn

MidSouthLawn LawnSite Member

They both look great, did you build them yourself???
  4. Black Water

Black Water LawnSite Senior Member

Super looking cars man! One day the bat,... errr..... I mean wife will let me get a classic. :rolleyes: :D
  5. CRM Lawncare

CRM Lawncare LawnSite Member

The old man has a 32 Plymouth Street Rod with a 66 model 426 Hemi powering it. Is quite a wild ride. Many other muscle cars.

1967 Plymouth GTX - big block 4-speed
    1962 Dodge Dart
    1956 Plymouth Savoy - 2- Door
    about 30 others in the field in line to be worked on

Myself I just bought a 72 Dodge Challenger big block. Gotta start on it this winter.
  6. Harleyboy52

I built about 75% of the 30 Model A. It had a 289 in it when I got it and I had a 351 Windsor built for it and put it in. I put a new front end under it out of a mustang II. Completly rewired it and did a new interior, carpet and rumble seat. I had the flames painted on it and they have skulls airbrushed in the yellow part. I bought the 57 T-Bird off the internet. It was in California and I had it shipped to N. C. on a truck. I bought it after seeing only a small picture of it. My wife was scared that we would get shafted but I had a lot of faith in the seller. It turned out real well as we got a perfect car. It was sold new in Oakland, Cal. in Feb. 1957 and has been there ever since. Never wrecked and never any rust.
  7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

mines not really a hot rod, but heres my ride.
    1999 saleen s281
    vortech v2 supercharger
    coil overs
    403 hp 411 ft. lbs of torque
  8. Harleyboy52

You are wrong about that. That is definitely a hot rod. Just not an old one. I'm a FORD man and that looks goooood.
  9. Wayne Landscaping

Wayne Landscaping LawnSite Member

NICE SALEEN, how did you afford that, how big is your business?
  10. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i had my own side business through highschool and college, and i graduated last august and took a job as accounts manager for another LCO. i saved for quite a bit of time. since i got the car i put a full coilover suspension in it as well. heres a motor shot.