HOT seat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PRECISION LC, Jun 13, 2002.

1. PRECISION LC

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

what do you do to cool off your hot seat, or prevent it from getting hot enough to fry an egg.

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

blanket sheet or towel

3. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Take the heat like a man! At least all the girls will see that you have a hot butt!!!

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Park it in the trailer. ;)

5. Cut This!

Cut This! LawnSite Member

Leave the seat in the tilted postion (if possible). This will also keep rainwater out.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Must be another black seat rider! On my Gravely, I switched to a Toro high back seat. Grey is not nearly as bad. There MUST be someone out therte that makes canvas seat covers that lace down the back for these things. I KNOW you can get them custom made, but if someone had them just readily available, they would probably sell. We could even customize them with your company logo, or your brand on them.;)

7. HOWARD JONES

HOWARD JONES LawnSite Member

Which makes me ask - why not cloth upholstery to begin with? I refuse to join the yuppies in buying leather for my car - same reason. Back to the subject - you could get it reupholstered with good quality cloth if you can't find a good cover.

8. Brieldo

Brieldo LawnSite Member

What about a Navigator with leather seats that are heated and air conditioned tho?? :D

9. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

Leather gets ruined.
    Vinal is hot.
    Cloth holds bad smells (moldy grass, sweat, etc...).

Gotta find cheep plastic/vinal/waterproof seat covers...

Remember some equip. also have snow attachments, I assume that factros in when thay design the seat.

If you can put the seat up do so... Just remember to put it back down before ya squat.

:blob2:

10. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I second what Ray said - park it in the trailer!