Hot & smelly

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Jul 19, 2006.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

As HOT as its been lately, Ive been a sweating pritty bad. Even though I bathe often my hat will start stinkin. Ive gone thru 3 hats in two weeks and wash them with dish soap. Is there any "hat deodorant" or fancy perfume :laugh: I can use to keep things fresh

2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

When your hat smeels like an old wet dog.............you know you have done something.:walking:

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Carry clothes pins in your back pocket and slip one over your nose anytime it gets bad, also keep some handy for your customers. :laugh:

4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I take my hat to the shower with me. It's the first thing I wash with really hot water. Get the inside real good, around the sweatband. I don't use any soap, just hot water. Then I let it drip dry over nite and it's ready the next morning. It may be the type of hat your wearing or maybe you're not getting all the soap out, dish soap is super concentrated you know.

5. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

i soak mine in chanel #5 at night.:rolleyes:

6. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

When you start making the money like a lot of guys on here, you can just buy a new 1 everyday. for now, i just wear a bandana, different 1 everyday.

7. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

to me, the washing the hat in the shower idea at night is a great one. even if it isnt totally dry in the mornin, it'll help keep ya a bit cooler.

8. kmann

kmann LawnSite Senior Member

They sell that plastic thing caled a ball cap buddy that you put your hat on and can then wash in your dishwasher or wash machine without tearing it up.I think wak-Mart has it.

9. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

I just keep wearing mine. You won't notice the smell after a while and other people will just think its becuase your were working hard all day. :drinkup:

10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Throw it in the washing machine with your clothes. Most caps now have plastic in the bill so it will be fine.